Working with The CommAlert Group will challenge you, enhance your current skills and allow you to learn new things and develop new skills throughout your career. Working with us, you’ll take control of your role, identify useful resources, build relationships, participate in community initiatives and work in the fast-paced emergency communications and call centre solutions industry.
We are currently seeking to fill the role of Bookkeeper.
This position is responsible for managing the activities of the overall accounting function and overseeing, implementing and maintaining accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data.
- Provide first response by phone and/or by email to clients regarding billing inquiries
- Set up new accounts in the accounting system (XERO) and CRM (ZOHO); close accounts in the same
- Manage and Update Industry compliance
- Manage and Update Memberships
- Accounts payable and receivable (including collections)
- Deposit cheques and receive EFT payments; reconcile on a daily basis to the main account, weekly with others
- File and pay PST payments
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Review Benefits package and reconcile with an Employee management system
- Maintain document required for year-end, provide same to a corporate accountant
- Finance filing
- Updating and maintaining Finance and Administration correspondence
- Documenting internal finance and administration procedures
- Work with Operations, Business Development, IT and Marketing team to onboard new clients
- Work with supervisors and approve schedules
- Policy development and management for finance and other areas if required
- Conduct interviews with team members as required
- Might be required to work with the team on business planning
- Meet with the managing partner to review KPI’s and deliver a management report (Cashflow Analysis /P&L/Balance Sheet/AR & AP)
- Invoicing to customers by 1st of each month; all special reporting by 5th of each month
- Pay Visa on time to avoid interest charges
- File and pay PST by 20th of month
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Intermediate to Expert level working with QBO, Sage, and Xero
- Intermediate to Expert level working with Google Office Suite
Demonstrated ability to apply the following behavioral competencies on the job:
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focusing efforts on meeting a goal, mission or objective
- Written Communication: Writing clearly, succinctly and understandably
- Flexibility: Agility in adapting to change
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people
- Decision Making: Utilizing an effective process to make decisions
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter in an email to email@example.com or upload it on our Career page under the Bookkeeper position.
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.